The site has quite a few challenges, including:
- Difficult ground levels - the land is very steep in parts;
- Novers Hill is very narrow;
- Light industrial businesses neighbour the site;
- Important biodiversity which needs protecting;
- The existing hedgerow is an important green boundary;
- Finding a balance between the need to build new homes on an allocated site, whilst protecting as much green space (of great importance to many local residents) as possible.
We have undertaken extensive technical and legal studies to understand the best way to develop the site, given these challenges…in a way that also benefits the local community.
We explain our proposals for the site below: